Trucking Insurance in Batesville, Greenville, and Grenada, MS
Mississippi commercial trucking companies need appropriate trucking insurance coverage to help safeguard against the potentially financially devastating effects of injury and property damage causing accidents and incidents.
Contact Insurance Solutions Center with offices in Batesville, Greenville, Grenada and Oxford, Mississippi, to start building your personalized commercial truck insurance plan.
Insurance Requirements for Trucking Companies
Trucking companies must comply with federal regulations mandating public liability insurance coverage and meet state commercial auto liability requirements. Full coverage insurance, including comprehensive and collision coverage, is typically required if vehicles are financed. Lienholders may also request guaranteed asset protection (Gap) insurance to bridge the difference between the owed amount and the settlement in the event of a total loss.
Truckers Liability Coverage
Trucking operations must maintain commercial truck insurance coverage that meets the minimum requirements for various types of liability insurance as determined by Mississippi laws and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA), including the following:
- Public liability insurance may help cover losses incurred by third parties in accidents caused by truck drivers. The required minimum public liability insurance for each trucking company varies depending on factors such as the type of freight typically transported.
- Commercial liability auto insurance is required by state regulations for every commercial vehicle, regardless of size. This coverage may help protect against legal liability in the event of an accident caused by a company driver.
Customizing Commercial Truck Insurance
Trucking companies can opt to enhance their commercial auto insurance policy by adding more coverage. Your agent may recommend the following:
- Comprehensive insurance—This coverage may help pay for damages unrelated to collisions, such as vandalism, fire, or weather damage.
- Collision insurance—This coverage may help cover damages resulting from collisions with other vehicles or objects.
- Medical payments (MedPay)—This coverage may help cover accident-related medical bills if the driver or a passenger is injured in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance—This policy may help cover tractor trailer replacement or repairs if an uninsured or underinsured driver causes damage.
Trucking Insurance Premiums
Insurers calculate trucking insurance premiums in part by considering factors such as claims history, company details, property value and specific insurance policies. Your agent can help you get multiple quotes to find the best combination of value and coverage.
Get the Trucking Insurance You Need Today
At Insurance Solutions Center, we understand that tractor trailer owners and drivers have specific insurance needs. Contact us today to learn more about how insurance can help provide financial protection for your trucking operation and to get a quote for truck insurance.