Farm and Ranch Insurance in Batesville, Greenville, and Grenada, MS
Running a farm requires hard work and long hours. Even the most carefully run farming operation can face accidents and mistakes that result in expensive losses, so having the right insurance coverage in place is crucial.
Contact Insurance Solutions Center to start building a farm insurance plan for your Mississippi farm or ranch.
What Does Farm Insurance Typically Cover?
Farm insurance can be a bit complicated. It doesn’t always mean you can get one policy to cover everything you need. Some insurers might offer ready-made packages for farmers, but you might have to put together different policies to ensure you have enough coverage.
Your farm has unique characteristics that may affect its specific coverage needs. Your agent may recommend the following policies.
- General liability insurance may help pay for third-party losses such as bodily injury or property damage.
- Farm dwelling coverage may help pay for repairs or other losses involving your residence if you live on your farm.
- Farm outbuilding coverage may help provide financial assistance if a covered incident damages structures on your farm.
- Workers’ compensation insurance may help pay for medical bills, lost income, disability benefits and legal costs if an employee is injured on the job or develops a work-related illness.
- Equipment breakdown insurance may help cover financial losses involving broken, damaged or malfunctioning equipment.
- Commercial auto insurance may help provide financial protection for accident-related damage or third-party losses if your farm owns and operates motor vehicles.
Farmers have several crop insurance options, including the following:
- Multiple peril crop insurance (MPCI) is regulated by the federal government and sold by private insurers. It may help pay for losses due to the following perils:
- Severe weather (hail, frost, wind)
- Insect-related damage
- Crop-hail insurance can be purchased as an addition to MPCI with a low deductible.
- Crop revenue insurance may help provide financial protection from drastic changes in the yield or price of covered crops.
If you have animals on your farm, like cows, pigs, sheep, chickens, or goats, it’s important to get insurance for them. Livestock insurance can help protect your animals and provide financial security and may include coverage for the following incidents:
- Attacks by dogs or wild animals
- Accidental shootings
- Accidents while loading or unloading livestock
- Accidents while transporting livestock
How to Get Farm Insurance
Insurance Solutions Center are determined to help you learn more about farm and ranch insurance policies so you can make the best decision on a policy for you and your farm. Contact us today to get started.